Help me figure out the term for this
August 27, 2013 12:05 PM   Subscribe

In popular culture, there's a "meme" of sorts involving a person helping another push someone over. I've seen it in goofy images and comics: someone kneels down on all fours behind the victim's legs (often smiling) while a person in front pushes the victim. Is there a term for this?
posted by swizzle_stik to Writing & Language (7 answers total)
Best answer: Tabletopping someone?
posted by spaet at 12:14 PM on August 27, 2013 [3 favorites]

I remember from my youth this was called "tabling", but my Google Searches suggest that spaet is right - tabletopping.
Local News Story mention
posted by jason6 at 12:23 PM on August 27, 2013

Cowtipping in Bama
posted by prototype_octavius at 4:52 PM on August 27, 2013

On a television show I once saw, where x would get down on all fours and Y would push, it was called "X is a table"
posted by Query at 6:05 PM on August 27, 2013

As seen being done by Tom Sizemore (the pusher) and Nicolas Cage (the table) in Bringing Out the Dead.
posted by ostranenie at 7:17 PM on August 27, 2013

I've heard it referred to as a "schoolboy." (Urban Dictionary)

(Also, the pro wrestling move of the same name is kind of a one-person version.)
posted by Karlos the Jackal at 1:37 AM on August 28, 2013

The high-low.
posted by whuppy at 10:31 AM on August 28, 2013

« Older Identification of a wild plant   |   Need a jeweler to make this ring!! Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.