Like a cobbler for an umbrella?
August 18, 2013 1:31 PM   Subscribe

My beloved umbrella is broken. Several of the arms that attach the ribs to the shaft have come unattached -- the little hinges that hold them on have twisted and rusted and broken. Is there such a thing as an umbrella repair person? Like a cobbler, but for umbrellas? If so, what is this person called? (And can you recommend one in Seattle?) If not, do you have any ideas about what other kind of tradesperson might happen to have the tools or skills to fix it?
posted by librarina to Shopping (2 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite
Best answer: Have you tried asking about it at Bella Umbrella?

1535 1st Ave
Ste 8
(between Pike St & Pine St)
Seattle, WA 98101
Neighborhood: Downtown
(206) 297-1540
posted by michellenoel at 2:06 PM on August 18, 2013 [1 favorite]

Response by poster: Hooray! I forgot about them. They do have an umbrella repair person there several days a week. Thank you!!
posted by librarina at 2:46 PM on August 18, 2013

« Older An inquiry concerning the cooking and preservation...   |   Delicious, peanut free and family friendly. Oh... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.