Silence incoming phone calls during music play on blue tooth speaker
August 16, 2013 6:52 AM   Subscribe

With a Motorola Droid Razr HD, is there a way to silence incoming phone calls and/or texts so that when using a bluetooth speaker, the music played from an internal playlist is uninterrupted?
posted by morganannie to Computers & Internet (4 answers total)

I like planetismal's answer. The one thing I'm wondering is whether it would also stop the txt alerts.

If not, put yout phone on airplane mode so you can still listen to music, but its connectivity to your cell provider is stopped. Problem is, that you won't know when someone's calling/texting you until you take it off airplane mode again.

Write back and tell us what worked.
posted by karathrace at 7:52 AM on August 16, 2013

I don't think airplane mode would work because then you couldn't connect to bluetooth.
posted by morganannie at 8:12 AM on August 16, 2013

Now, if you're talking about WhatsApp messages or other internet/social media notifications then those are generally done over media audio, so they would still chime over the music.

Would it actually stop the music or just play a tone on top?

And thanks!
posted by morganannie at 8:16 AM on August 16, 2013

Android normally temporarily lowers the volume of the music playing when a notification is sounding.
posted by dobi at 8:17 AM on August 16, 2013

« Older How long to get ADHD diagnosis?   |   Trying to remember a poem - "three than four then... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.