What do you call those pictures that move when you change your angle
August 7, 2013 10:05 AM   Subscribe

You've all seen them. They're like the animated GIF's of the real world. You look at it from one perspective, it shows, say, a tiger about to leap. Then you tilt the picture a bit, and the tiger begins leaping, then the tilt it's in midair. It's not a hologram, because it doesn't convey anything 3D. Just a technique for cramming 3-5 pictures on a single piece of paper. What is it called?
posted by rouftop to Media & Arts (6 answers total)

Response by poster: Thank you!
posted by rouftop at 10:09 AM on August 7, 2013

I've always known them as Magic Eye pictures.
posted by peacay at 10:09 AM on August 7, 2013 [1 favorite]

Response by poster: No, that's the one where you unfocus your eyes and you see a unicorn. I loved those when I was a kid. Advicepig's got it.
posted by rouftop at 10:12 AM on August 7, 2013

Oh yeah, right. Sorry, I get the difference now.
posted by peacay at 10:22 AM on August 7, 2013

I've heard them called "Winking Eye" pictures.
posted by overeducated_alligator at 7:26 PM on August 7, 2013

« Older Late season sour cherries near Seattle's east side...   |   Short Focal Toy Story Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.