How to batch embed album artwork on a Mac
August 5, 2013 10:25 PM   Subscribe

Can you recommend software to use to embed album cover artwork into mp3s on a Mac?

I am ridiculously fussy about my music library and I really want to embed cover artwork I have preselected into my mp3s. Itunes 11.0.4 does a poor job of allowing this. If you select multiple tracks and apply album artwork to all of them, itunes converts your jpg to a png and the file size blows up. Alternatively, you can add album artwork to one track at a time, but that's a tedious process.

So I just want a simple little app I can use to manage and embed cover art into mp3s on a Mac running Mountain Lion. I've tried Media Rage, but for whatever wonky reason, it refuses to work properly on my Macbook Air. I feel like I should be having an easier time googling this, but I mostly end up with itunes complaints and I would really value a personal recommendation.

Thanks!
posted by diamondsky to Technology (2 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

I like Coverscout.
posted by goshling at 10:30 PM on August 5, 2013 [1 favorite]

I'm trying Coverscout out now. Beautiful interface. Thanks for the recommendation, goshling!
posted by diamondsky at 12:11 AM on August 7, 2013

« Older Please help me find this poem about domestic...   |   How does one upload audio clips to YouTube? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.