What kind of women's pants are these?
July 25, 2013 10:13 AM   Subscribe

Saw a woman wearing these cute pants and have no idea what words to search to find a pair. Can anyone ID? (sorry for blurry crap photo, I felt creepy enough taking it but thought it'd be creepier to ask her). Elastic waistband but not a sweatpants-kind of feel, looked dressy and comfy at the same time.
posted by Locative to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (16 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
Green gauchos, maybe? They don't look quite as wide on the bottom, but it's hard to tell. Or short palazzo pants?
posted by jetlagaddict at 10:18 AM on July 25, 2013

Hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like they might be made out of a light wool crepe fabric.

Yes, I watch project runway.
posted by phunniemee at 10:18 AM on July 25, 2013

They look like cargo capris to me.
posted by jaguar at 10:20 AM on July 25, 2013 [4 favorites]

Here, like this maybe?
posted by phunniemee at 10:21 AM on July 25, 2013 [1 favorite]

They kind of look like the loungy linen cargo pants I got from the Gap outlet this summer, but maybe with a drawstring capri bottom instead of long normal. They have a drawstring waist and button fly.
posted by cobaltnine at 10:25 AM on July 25, 2013 [1 favorite]

Best answer: Pretty sure they are cuffed cargo pants.
posted by yawper at 10:44 AM on July 25, 2013 [1 favorite]

They kinda look like a cross between genie pants and cargo pants. Maybe cargo genie pants.
posted by Dimes at 10:57 AM on July 25, 2013

Best answer: I think they're a newish silhouette called "track pants" or "relaxed pants." Elastic waist, tapered at the ankle, loose through the hip and thigh? I've seen a bunch at Nordstrom. (Sorry for no links; I'm on my phone.)
posted by purpleclover at 11:21 AM on July 25, 2013

They look a bit like Thai fisherman pants to me.
posted by fiercecupcake at 11:23 AM on July 25, 2013

I think they may be something along these lines? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. I see a lot of similar styles just browsing the pants section on Shopbop.

I don't know what the style is called, but I've been seeing them everywhere these days. They're pretty much a sweatpants type of cut, but in dressier materials.
posted by ohmy at 11:38 AM on July 25, 2013

Best answer: Check out these cuties. (If you buy them during the month of July, use the promo code "weloveyoutoo" for 30% off and free shippping)
posted by janey47 at 11:39 AM on July 25, 2013

Best answer: Here are some from Free People.
posted by biscuits at 12:00 PM on July 25, 2013

Best answer: Urban Outfitters has a bunch of these.
posted by mothershock at 12:59 PM on July 25, 2013

Best answer: I have some of these. Super comfy and appropriate outside the house.
posted by hellameangirl at 2:45 PM on July 25, 2013

Best answer: The search term you want is 'harem pants' - but don't just go to google, you want to go to a fashionable website or else you'll end up with actual harem pants. Try ASOS and ShopBop, Revolve and the like.
posted by like_neon at 10:08 AM on July 26, 2013

Response by poster: Thanks, everyone. I appreciate all your answers (though what is UP with the cargo genie pants? Yipes!) and I best-answered the ones that seemed closest to the pants I saw.
posted by Locative at 5:51 PM on August 6, 2013

« Older Should I fix the A/C in my 2004 Honda?   |   Spending a semester in LA: When to buy a car? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.