Apple TV-friendly, beautiful video art

One of my friends is playing cello for a bunch of others at my place, and I'm looking for beautiful videos that I can project on the wall next to him as he plays. I have Apple TV, so anything on Vimeo, YouTube, or Netflix will work. The longer, the better.

I've considered parts of Planet Earth but thought it might be distracting. Something more abstract is probably a better way to go. If The Clock were an option, it would make my day, but I don't think it's available. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
posted by snorkels to Media & Arts (7 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

If you muted the music, how about a 7-hour train ride through Norway?
posted by Lutoslawski at 1:40 PM on July 19, 2013

Much less zen, but (if you start it about 2-minutes in), the Me Gusta Movie without sound, if you want something a little weirder and frenetic.
posted by Lutoslawski at 1:42 PM on July 19, 2013

Baraka is available.
posted by seemoreglass at 1:44 PM on July 19, 2013 [3 favorites]

I tend to go for the ten hour waterfall sorts of things. It's not too tough to get long nature-y videos, you can just search youtube for "eight hour______" some are videos and some are just still photos.
posted by jessamyn at 1:55 PM on July 19, 2013

It's not The Clock, but instead Digital Clock by Torsten Lauschmann.
posted by Frank Grimes at 1:57 PM on July 19, 2013

I remember Paul Cox's Vincent as being full of beautiful images, without much obvious narrative content.
posted by yoink at 2:02 PM on July 19, 2013

There's always Warhol's "Empire" but that might be too iconic?
posted by Lutoslawski at 2:04 PM on July 19, 2013

« Older 1200+ dpi online print shop?   |   Un-registering my copy of Quickbooks 2012 so I can... Newer »