Clear labels with silver printing: What? Where? How much?
July 15, 2013 9:05 AM   Subscribe

I'd like to order a bunch of small transparent adhesive labels with metallic printing. What is this printing style/technique called? How much should I expect to pay? And can you recommend someone who does this and can handle smaller runs?

I have a small Etsy shop (selling beauty products), and I've been printing all of my product labels at home. The results are okay but not great, and it's a lot of hassle. I'd love to have professional-looking pre-printed labels.

My preference is for clear labels with metallic silver... ink? Embossing? I don't actually know what it's called, and searching on various printing companies' websites hasn't enlightened me. The look I'm going for is something along the lines of Clinique's labels - I know some of those bottles have the info printed directly on them, but some use adhesive labels.

The labels would be small - 1" square or under - and text only. I'd like to be able to order smaller quantities, between 50 and 200. I'd like them not to be prohibitively expensive, but I need to know what a reasonable price range would be.

What's the name of the thing I'm looking for? Who can give it to me? How much will it cost?
posted by Metroid Baby to Grab Bag (3 answers total)
Best answer: What you're looking for is called foil stamping or foil leafing. This company indicates that they can do it on clear stickers—I'm sure there are many others.
posted by ocherdraco at 9:11 AM on July 15, 2013

Any small professional press in your area can do this for you.
posted by Thorzdad at 9:39 AM on July 15, 2013

Response by poster: Thanks! I was hoping more people would have recommendations, but just knowing what it's called will help me immensely when I call around for quotes.
posted by Metroid Baby at 5:23 PM on July 15, 2013

« Older Quirky Brazilian Music to accompany a clown...   |   Brooklyn MeFites: please help us find a co-op aprt... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.