where to find a cheapish sports bra in Manhattan right NOW?
July 2, 2013 1:29 PM   Subscribe

Where can I get a cheapish sports bra in Manhattan? I'm currently near 60th street and 6th ave. Bonus points for a pair of throw away shorts/tshirt. I'm staying in Newark for the night (flight leaves ewr in the morning), so I don't want to go too far.

I'm here for the afternoon in a layover and realized I forgot all my running stuff except my sneakers.Sigh.
posted by matildatakesovertheworld to Shopping (9 answers total)

Old Navy, 34th and 7th.
posted by roomthreeseventeen at 1:31 PM on July 2, 2013

Best answer: I once ended up needing emergency workout clothes and got perfectly serviceable stuff from H&M. If there's one nearby, it would do!
posted by chatongriffes at 1:32 PM on July 2, 2013

There's also a Running Company store on the 3rd Floor of the Time Warner Building at 60th St.
posted by roomthreeseventeen at 1:34 PM on July 2, 2013

Best answer: There's a K-Mart at Penn Station that always has cheap workout clothes.
posted by decathecting at 1:37 PM on July 2, 2013

Kmart at Penn Station (34th between 7th and 8th)
posted by kimdog at 1:37 PM on July 2, 2013

Best answer: Did you mean 59th Street (Central Park South) and 6th Avenue? 6th Avenue stops at Central Park at 59th Street.

There's also a Running Company store on the 3rd Floor of the Time Warner Building at 60th St.

Their site says the 2nd floor?

10 Columbus Circle - Time Warner Center
2nd Floor
New York NY 10019
212-823-9626

Anyway, I just looked on their site and there's some sports bras on sale for $20.

On Yelp, The Running Company store also mentions a 10% off discount if you mention you found them on Yelp. Not sure if that applies to sale items, but it couldn't hurt. Give them a call: 212-823-9626

And if that doesn't work out, there's also an H&M in the Shops at Columbus Circle (Time Warner Building -- same building). I'd call that particular H&M, too, just to ask what their selection is like: 212-757-0295
posted by kathryn at 1:41 PM on July 2, 2013

I came in to suggest Old Navy. Kmart is also a good bet.

The Gap at Lincoln Center might also have a "Gap Body" section, which sells workout clothes. Not quite as cheap as Old Navy, but closer to you.

Maybe also try Forever 21, which I think is also located in the Lincoln Center area. I have some cheapo running shorts from there, and I think they do sports bras as well.
posted by Sara C. at 1:42 PM on July 2, 2013

Oops, yes, I meant 2nd Floor. Sorry!
posted by roomthreeseventeen at 1:45 PM on July 2, 2013

Response by poster: Ended up getting clothes at the h&m at penn station after striking out at the one at Columbus circle (didn't carry workout clothes). Thanks for all the suggestions!
posted by matildatakesovertheworld at 4:41 PM on July 2, 2013

« Older Buying a low-mileage 2002 Prius   |   What kind of help should I expect from my... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.