Toronto wardriving map?

I'm looking for a wardriving map of downtown Toronto that was posted online a year or two ago. It had wireless networks marked in three colours: encrypted, unencrypted, and out-of-the-box. I had a copy on my hard drive, but I think I've lost it. Does anyone know where I can find it?
posted by Jairus to Computers & Internet (4 answers total)

Response by poster: Update: It was a map from Wireless Bandit, which is now offiline.
posted by Jairus at 7:24 AM on September 21, 2005

Response by poster: More Updates: It was at this URL, which is now dead.
posted by Jairus at 7:44 AM on September 21, 2005

Jairus, do you know if there is anyone around downtown doing something like MIT's roofnet?

It took wireless networking for me to figure out why basement apartments are cheaper... There's no line of sight!
posted by Chuckles at 9:57 AM on September 21, 2005

No copy of the map I'm afraid Jairus, but I was recently talking to the guy who created Wireless Bandit and I know he is hoping to resurrect the site soon.

Chuckles, no mesh type WiFi projects in Toronto that I know of. There are a couple of groups that might be of interest, Wireless Nomad (a WiFi coop) and Wireless Toronto (a volunteer group) who are both doing interesting stuff with WiFi in Toronto, but using hotspots rather than mesh.
posted by pasd at 1:28 PM on September 21, 2005

« Older How to stop being a racist?   |   Should I Motorize My Bike? Newer »