What is this thing in my air conditioner?
May 11, 2013 2:23 PM   Subscribe

I found this wet sponge-like thing in my air conditioning unit. What is it?

I have pics here and here.
posted by jcatus to Grab Bag (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Best answer: It's a pan treatment strip.
posted by Cool Papa Bell at 3:11 PM on May 11, 2013

according to this, it is something about "time release pan treatment". pan treatments prevent odor-causing bacteria that can form in condensate drain pans. so filtery thing.
posted by misanthropicsarah at 3:13 PM on May 11, 2013

Note: "Lasts Up To Six Months"
posted by artdrectr at 3:15 PM on May 11, 2013

Response by poster: Thanks! I love AskMeFi!
posted by jcatus at 6:48 PM on May 11, 2013

« Older Recover password on a D-link DGS-3450   |   Lobotomized 1980s/1990s children's/young adult... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.