What style of artwork is this?
May 6, 2013 2:22 PM   Subscribe

Can someone tell me a term for this painting style? Pig Painting Specifically the small appendages and rotund body shape. I'm looking for more paintings of pigs in this style if you know of any good ones. Thanks!
posted by meta87 to Media & Arts (7 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
Best answer: This reminds me very much of a James Clark cow painting.
posted by shelleycat at 2:26 PM on May 6, 2013

Best answer: Is this useful?
posted by small_ruminant at 2:30 PM on May 6, 2013

Best answer: Jamie Wyeth's "Portrait of a Pig" suits the shape if not the style.
posted by MonkeyToes at 2:30 PM on May 6, 2013

Best answer: If you google English Naive Animals you get quite a few. The problem is that "naive art" encompasses a lot of other stuff too, and I don't know how to narrow it down.
posted by small_ruminant at 2:34 PM on May 6, 2013

Best answer: Michael Sowa has some great pigs.
posted by maloon at 3:29 PM on May 6, 2013

Best answer: Following up on everyone else's suggestions, a google image search for pig naive painting turns up lots of really awesome pigs!
posted by moonmilk at 5:00 PM on May 6, 2013

Response by poster: You guys rock! All the links were helpful. It seems English Naive is indeed what I was looking for.
posted by meta87 at 5:04 PM on May 6, 2013

« Older Can you transcribe a very simple keyboard part for...   |   Alternative living arrangements? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.