Why Wyotech?

Technical-School Filter: My son is really interested in attending Wyotech (as seen on Overhaulin') Generally, I think it would be a good move for him, and the school looks good...certainly better than any local technical school. Anyone been to Wyotech? Had experience with them? Recommend alternative schools that offer similar training?
posted by Thorzdad to Education (3 answers total)

I didn't personally go to WyoTech, but I did go to the University in Laramie, WY where WyoTech is located and had several interactions with the WyoTech crowd. I can tell you that students came from all over the country to go there, so it must be somewhat of a decent place.
posted by split atom at 5:22 PM on September 13, 2005

Thanks, S.A.
My son will probably be going to the Pennsylvania campus, since it's closest to home. The thing seems to have grown like crazy in the past few years. I suppose that says something about the popularity/quality of the program.
posted by Thorzdad at 6:11 PM on September 13, 2005

I just dropped my son off @ the PA campus this weekend. He's going for the Auto Body/Paint course, followed by Chassis/HPE.

He did a fair amount of research into the school after I showed him the Overhauling episode that featured the school. I was impressed by the people there, they really care about giving the kids a good education, and getting them good jobs in the workplace after graduation. You can tell a lot about the quality of the school by the companies that recruit from there, and just the general impression of the school.

I would recommend them, and if you want any more info, shoot me a note @ nick dot shue at gmail dot com, and I'll get you anything that you need, or even put you or your son in touch with my son @ the school.
posted by dirt at 7:11 AM on October 3, 2005

« Older From NorCal to Boise   |   What makes a great landlord? Newer »