Astronomical tourism in Chile

Has anyone any actual experience or recommendations about astronomical tourism in Chile?

That's it. Specifically looking for actual experience. There seem to be 3 or 4 companies offering tours. Need to be able to book in English.
posted by Logophiliac to Travel & Transportation (2 answers total) 7 users marked this as a favorite

Evidently not. If anyone happens to read this, I emailed www.quasarchile.cl a couple of times without getting an answer. San Pedro de Atacama Celestial Explorations (www.spaceobs.com) did actually answer and seems to be the way to go so far. I can't speak for how to tour the big observatories, since I won't be going there during the short period each month during which Paranal admits visitors.
posted by Logophiliac at 12:00 AM on July 6, 2013

Follow-up from August: I went with San Pedro de Atacama Celestial Explorations and was entirely happy with them. And San Pedro is a fascinating place too. The night sky is mind-blowing.
posted by Logophiliac at 11:19 AM on August 18, 2013

« Older How do I learn to master failure with grace?   |   Tiny changes in sentences that create huge changes... Newer »