Looking for a good, affordable tailor in London, UK

I've recently discovered the difference that quality tailoring can make to the quality of my wardrobe. Now I'm looking for a great tailor in London who can alter my clothes at a price I can afford. Any recommendations?

Mostly I'll be needing to have shirts taken in and trousers hemmed. I'm happy to take any recommendation: a shop, a tailor working out of their home, etc.

Ideally the tailor will be located in Central or South London. By affordable I mean that a single alteration shouldn't much exceed £10 -- though a lower price would certainly be welcome.

posted by narcotizingdysfunction to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (3 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite

You might want to look at Child & Sons in Wandsworth, although they might be a bit expensive or you. They are apparently quite good.
posted by MuffinMan at 11:25 AM on April 23, 2013

I've been to Child & Son's and was charged over £100 to take up and hem some trousers and to take them in around the thighs and waist. While the quality was excellent, I don't think it meets your criteria for being cheap. Certainly, it was a lot more than I wanted to pay.
posted by Mattat at 12:03 AM on April 24, 2013

« Older Email to Google Voice SMS   |   How should I spend $50 at the iTunes store? Newer »