OS X legal billing software

Looking for an OS X equivalent of Legal Billing from Chaos Software, or just any good law firm billing software package for Mac. Specific requirements inside.

1) Some sort of clickable timer for keeping track of separate billable matters.

2) A simple interface.

3) Timesheets easily exportable to Excel.

4) Cheap! This is for a paralegal in a solo practitioner's office.

I've used (and liked) Chaos's Legal Billing in the past, but it's Windows-only and I've since made the switch to Mac. Any suggestions for a replacement would be greatly appreciated.
posted by DavidNYC to Computers & Internet (5 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

I love On The Job. It's not legal-specific, but I don't know why it would need to be?
posted by sportbucket at 10:00 AM on April 10, 2013

Billings is awesome.
posted by ferdinandcc at 10:15 AM on April 10, 2013

it's more than you are asking for but I use RocketMatter to run my practice and it's billing modules are super easy to use, as is every other aspect of it.
posted by BrooksCooper at 10:20 AM on April 10, 2013

We use Clio, which is cloud-based. It has some limitations, but making invoices is suddenly a dream.
posted by jenad at 5:50 PM on April 11, 2013

FYI: Billings is being discontinued (supposedly it'll be supported until June 2014). Billings Pro (by the same company) is taking its place, but Billings Pro requires a per month cloud subscription.

Another vote for On The Job.
posted by LuckySeven~ at 7:25 AM on August 27, 2013

« Older iOS Games and User Authentication   |   Help! Recommendations for an exceptional dentist... Newer »