Dry Erase paint
September 9, 2005 5:13 AM   Subscribe

Where can I find dry-erase / whiteboard paint to put on my wall? Something like chalkboard paint.
posted by GernBlandston to Home & Garden (9 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
I think the nearest you'll find is self-adhesive vinyl panels like these.
posted by cillit bang at 5:23 AM on September 9, 2005

This might also be of use.
posted by furtive at 5:26 AM on September 9, 2005

I don't know about whiteboard paint, but to make a huge whiteboard for very low cost you can get 4' x 8' tub/shower surround panels in home supply stores (home depot, etc). They are made of the same material as normal whiteboards and can be used with standard markers.
posted by true at 5:34 AM on September 9, 2005

Actually, the dry erase markers work just as well on glass or any other similarly non-porous surface.
posted by winston at 5:50 AM on September 9, 2005

Here's an article that goes into greater depth on how to do it with panels.
posted by teddymac at 6:51 AM on September 9, 2005

Another article on whiteboard walls. It says that whiteboard paint is no longer produced, but suggests alternatives.
posted by mendel at 7:27 AM on September 9, 2005

Oops, I found the new location of the original article.
posted by mendel at 7:28 AM on September 9, 2005

I bought a 4x8' sheet of Melamine at Home Depot (or Lowe's, they blend together) for $15. It's the same material they use in whiteboards, and it works great. I recommend it.
posted by Hildago at 10:55 AM on September 9, 2005

(MeFite, Wired Editor) Kevin Kelly has two recommendations that may be useful to you, since apparently you can't get whiteboard paint anymore.
posted by joshuaconner at 2:05 PM on September 9, 2005 [1 favorite]

« Older Java and Firefox on Mac OSX   |   Ethnic jokes which make fun of everybody? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.