Help me identify a piece of writing about cow's milk, urine, and hell

I have a hazy memory of a piece of writing that I would like to identify. It might have been poetry or prose. It might have been modern or not. It might have been in Italian, French, or English. It's an exchange between the protagonist, a man, and an antagonist - possibly a devil? The antagonist is comparing cow's milk to urine, saying that they are both liquids that come out of cows and are essentially the same. The protagonist says that they are essentially difference and if the antagonist can't articulate why, that simply means the lack is in his understanding. Then he is whisked away somehow. It's been a long, long, time since I read this, but it made a big impression on me, and I'd like to find up where it is from. If anyone recognizes this exchange please let me know. Obviously google searches are problematic given the subject matter.
posted by bq to Media & Arts (1 answer total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

http://www.amazon.com/The-Pilgrims-Regress-Allegorical-Christianity/product-reviews/0802806414?pageNumber=3

Perhaps this book? If you "look inside", chapter 8 ("Parrot Disease") has a section that sounds like this.
posted by Sakura3210 at 12:22 AM on March 22, 2013

« Older I need a sweet ride.   |   Best way to travel from BWI to Dupont circle? Is... Newer »