March 14, 2013 1:13 PM Subscribe
I went for an eight week ultrasound today and my doctor found that the embryo had stopped growing a week ago. She gave me three options: D&C, RU486 (the abortion pill), or to wait things out naturally. She was against the D&C because she was afraid at this early she might not get all the tissue and also the possibility of scarring. I trust her so I have ruled out the D&C. So that leaves the two other options. Even though it's supposedly very painful, I'm leaning toward the RU486. I just want this over. I'm just wondering if there's anything else I have not considered. Thankfully, I have nothing important going on at work (no meetings etc.) until March 25th. But I do need to go out of town for a meeting in Arizona on the 25th, so that's another reason for wanting to get things over with. Just wondering if there's anything else I should take into consideration when making this choice that I haven't thought of. Thank you.