Greek Translation: "Solidarity with Greek Workers"

How would you write "Solidarity with Greek Workers" in modern idiomatic greek? For context: this is for a left-wing march banner.
posted by phrontist to Writing & Language (3 answers total)

Not a translation, but I will note that if you don't have a native Greek speaker, a translation that stops at the sign that you want to translate may not be seen as real solidarity. I think if you write it in English, you will still be understood.
posted by corb at 4:29 PM on March 13, 2013 [2 favorites]

Can't find any images of "Solidarity with Greek Workers" protest signs written in Greek, but here's one for We Are All Greeks, if that's an acceptable alternative.
posted by scody at 5:10 PM on March 13, 2013

From my Greek husband, two options, each in both all caps and upper and lower case:

ΣΥΜΠΑΡΑΣΤΑΣΗ ΣΤΟΥΣ ΕΛΛΗΝΕΣ ΕΡΓΑΤΕΣ

Συμπαράσταση στους Ελληνες εργάτες

__________________

ΣΥΜΠΑΡΑΣΤΑΣΗ ΣΤΟΥΣ ΕΛΛΗΝΕΣ ΕΡΓΑΖΟΜΕΝΟΥΣ

Συμπαράσταση στους Ελληνες εργαζόμενους

The first is more specifically "manual laborers," while the second is all working people – anyone who works for a living.
posted by taz at 4:12 AM on March 14, 2013

« Older Who is the author of these mp3s, and when were...   |   Interesting Periodicals, Sites for Mental Health... Newer »