More music like Sleigh Bells' "Crown on the Ground"
March 8, 2013 11:31 AM   Subscribe

Please to advise music like Sleigh Bells' "Crown on the Ground," as featured in the trailer for "The Bling Ring."

High-energy but with a mid-tempo groove, multi-layered, fuzzy guitars, electro, but not dubstep.
posted by Cool Papa Bell to Media & Arts (4 answers total) 8 users marked this as a favorite

tUnE-yArDs, "Hatari".
posted by 1970s Antihero at 11:59 AM on March 8, 2013

There are a ton of "similar to Sleigh Bells" lists out there but they're all pretty diverse and the artists are usually only similar in terms of one particular aspect. But you may have some luck searching for the genres "noise rock" and "noise pop".
posted by rhiannonstone at 1:20 PM on March 8, 2013

(Also of note, Crown on the Ground, moreso than any of the other tunes on their debut record, has a crazy, stupid-genius amount of compression on it, that makes it sound purposely like somebody is driving it through a too-loud car stereo with the windows down. Although I'm pretty sure you don't care about other tunes with this aspect. It's possible other people have done this before, but it's the first time I heard anyone do it on purpose to a whole song : )
posted by bitterkitten at 1:46 PM on March 8, 2013 [2 favorites]

The Go! Team
posted by naju at 2:20 PM on March 8, 2013

« Older Help me learn more about the labor and leftist...   |   Persian speakers: help translate words and tone... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.