What is this thing in my friend's bathroom?
March 4, 2013 8:53 PM   Subscribe

My friend has this thing in her bathroom beside the sink and she doesn't know what it is. It was there when she moved in and the former owners are long gone. Does anyone know what it does and does it have an official name? Like, would I be able to find a new one in a store? Here is a small gallery of 3 photos I took of it. Thank you!
posted by Sully to Home & Garden (5 answers total)
I think it's supposed to hold towels by pinching them.
posted by milk white peacock at 8:57 PM on March 4, 2013

Yep, it's a towel hook.
posted by dawkins_7 at 8:58 PM on March 4, 2013

Yep, it hangs towels.
posted by pullayup at 8:58 PM on March 4, 2013

Also, previously (though the photos are broken).
posted by pullayup at 8:59 PM on March 4, 2013

Response by poster: Amazing. Thank you! Yah, we tried to fit toothbrushes into it, but no go. And then we thought perhaps it had to do with old razors or something, but that made no sense. And now, I've googled "pinch towel hook" and found a modern version of it. Thanks everyone! I will let her know.
posted by Sully at 9:03 PM on March 4, 2013

« Older She has options. She should get away, I think.   |   Job suggestions that require acute visual... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.