Sled hills within driving distance of Seattle?

I want to take my little brother sledding. Where's the best place to go within a couple of hours of town?

We tried Snoqualmie Tubing last year and found the lines and crowds ... oppressive. We managed only five or six runs in the two hours we were there.
posted by Sauce Trough to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (4 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

Squilchuck in Wenatchee is a) a four-hour drive from Seattle, and b) officially closed in the winter (for budget reasons). But the locals sled there anyway, and it's awesome.
posted by The corpse in the library at 9:10 PM on February 9, 2013

Maybe there's something else out by Snoqualmie? You might have to go as far as White Pass to find more sledding beyond that.
posted by belau at 7:02 AM on February 10, 2013

Hyak Sno-Park is a bit over an hour drive from Seattle, and has a great sledding hill with no real lines. I spent a couple hours there with my daughter last month and our sledding runs were limited only by the speed we could walk back up to the top of the hill. (There's no rope pull or anything.) The parking lot does get crowded on the weekend, so try to arrive early if you can. You can park there with a Sno-Park Permit, which I think you can get on-site at the parking lot entrance.
posted by mbrubeck at 8:36 AM on February 10, 2013

Ok, we're going to try Hyak today. Thanks all!
posted by Sauce Trough at 10:46 AM on February 10, 2013

« Older Fiction help: Name something a math genius could...   |   End of the world by snow? Newer »