Need to restore rooted Verizon Galaxy Nexus to factory settings

I've upgraded to a Galaxy S3 and I've sold my old Verizon Galaxy Nexus. It is rooted and running Cyanogenmod 10. I have Rom Manager installed. How do I wipe the data and restore it to the standard Verizon firmware?
posted by mattholomew to Computers & Internet (3 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Nexus factory images are here. It should be enough just reflash it.
posted by mhoye at 5:17 AM on January 30, 2013

Just flashing the factory image will leave it unlocked. If you wish to relock the bootloader and remove that open padlock symbol from the startup screen, follow these directions.
posted by dobi at 5:31 AM on January 30, 2013 [2 favorites]

Why would you want to restore it to the VZ firmware? You will probably get more money for it if you sell it rooted + CM10.

I paid a not-insubstantial premium for my last phone purely for that reason. There are lots of people who want a rooted, non-crapwared phone but aren't willing or able to take the risk of rooting it themselves.
posted by Kadin2048 at 8:38 AM on January 30, 2013

« Older Stray Cat Care?   |   How do real grownups host small professional-ish... Newer »