Can anyone recommend a therapist or accredited counsellor in Edinburgh?
January 29, 2013 12:58 PM   Subscribe

Asking for a friend. Ideally I'd like to find a well-established mainstream psychotherapist with experience of both acute and long term treatment and support of adult patient with depression. CBT, integrative and/or psychodynamic modes, and with a positive view of integrating with NHS services. Ideally also with reduced rates for low incomes, but this isn't vital. I know about the COSCA list, but am trying to get a recommendation based on opinion or experience. Thanks in advance.
posted by cromagnon to Health & Fitness (3 answers total)
FYI, your GP can give you a list of referrals even if you're going private.
posted by DarlingBri at 2:29 PM on January 29, 2013

Response by poster: Not to threadsit - and thanks for that - but the need is for a consult is in the interim whilst a replacement is found (amongst limited choices) for with a GP who won't take a depressed patient seriously enough to refer.
posted by cromagnon at 2:55 PM on January 29, 2013

In dire straits I have opened the phone book and picked doctors at random, going to whomever could see me first. I found a GREAT shrink this way, in the UK. And psychiatrist taking private patients will take a self-referral.
posted by DarlingBri at 3:42 PM on January 31, 2013

« Older Crockpot on High with a tea towel under it?   |   Now that WeEndure is shutting down... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.