Dunes. Picnic. Italian. What film is this?

From these scant details, can you tell me what Italian short film from the 50s/60s I saw?

I saw the first few minutes of this film fifteen years ago so my memories of it are a little sketchy.

It was black and white. The opening scene, at least, was set on an island. A character is seen running down a large white dune. (In fact, dunes feature prominently in my memory of this film.) There may have been someone laying out a picnic; possibly a dark haired woman in sunglasses. Someone arrives by boat.

I think the film was Italian. It was made in the 1950s/60s. I seem to recall that it was written by two brothers who had, at least, made one other short prior to this one.
posted by run"monty to Media & Arts (2 answers total)

This might be off, but could it be these filmmakers (The Tavianis)? This film by them is from 1984, but the first part (a short) seems to fit your description.
posted by Ms. Toad at 3:21 PM on January 26, 2013

Yep, my memory was totally skewed but I think that's it!
posted by run"monty at 3:39 PM on January 26, 2013 [1 favorite]

« Older What can you tell me about my head?   |   Help me identify this bee-friendly tree Newer »