Where will my WA license be sent?
January 16, 2013 9:33 PM   Subscribe

When renewing my WA State license online, I can specify both a residence and mailing address. Which one will it be sent to?

I'm out of the country at the moment, and need to renew my license. I want to send it to my mailing address (a UPS Store box) so that I can have them forward it to my address abroad (if I have it sent to my residence address, this would be a much more painful process).

Does anyone know from experience where it's sent? I can't see any info about this on the site, at least before the point where you have to pay.
posted by helios to Law & Government (4 answers total)
Best answer: I have the same set-up as you, and I seem to remember mine went to my mailing address.
posted by gingerest at 9:40 PM on January 16, 2013

Mailing address. Residence is what gets printed on the card.
posted by the man of twists and turns at 9:45 PM on January 16, 2013

I am pretty sure they ask for a mailing address because that is where they would mail it if it differs from your permanent or residence address. Otherwise, why ask for a mailing address? I renewed a NY license while attending school in another state and they asked the same question. My residence was the address written on the license and it was sent to me in Virginia at the mailing address.
posted by JohnnyGunn at 9:46 PM on January 16, 2013

They mail it to your mailing address.
posted by cmoj at 9:48 PM on January 16, 2013 [5 favorites]

« Older How to reduce comcast internet bill, and how fast...   |   Can we install this car deck ourselves? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.