Does anyone know what this says? Maybe Chinese or Japanese?
January 16, 2013 3:28 PM   Subscribe

My friend found this slip in some packaging; can anyone tell us what it says? Image here.
posted by katinka-katinka to Writing & Language (4 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
Chinese. I'm not a native speaker and can't read it all but it looks like some kind of printing press instructions including (I think) the words for glossy (or maybe it's UV coating), two sided, cut, copy.
posted by Dansaman at 4:01 PM on January 16, 2013

One of the words I missed seems to mean "super luxury" so I presume that's a high grade of paper.
posted by Dansaman at 4:07 PM on January 16, 2013

Response by poster: Thanks so much!
posted by katinka-katinka at 2:56 AM on January 17, 2013

I'm pretty sure it's in simplified Chinese:
X板(?) 超雅 双面 光油 切. 啤.
Not sure about the first compound so that's just a guess.

2nd word onwards it reads: ultra-refined/graceful, double sided, varnish/coating, cut. Last word *could* be a unit used in industrial molding.

To me it sounds like a random collection of words but as Dansaman guesses it might have something to do with printing/industry?
posted by monocot at 7:22 AM on January 17, 2013

« Older Stay on target....stay on target   |   Doggy daycare dropout? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.