Seattle child psychologist recs
December 18, 2012 5:27 PM   Subscribe

Looking for a Seattle-area child psychologist that specializes in younger children, in this case for an 8 year old.

My child has some serious issues with anxiety and fear that are manifesting in classroom disruption. I need a good child psychologist in the Seattle area that can handle younger kids (many won't deal with younger kids because of their lack of abstract thinking). Please help.
posted by anonymous to Health & Fitness (3 answers total)
No specific recommendation, but you might want to look for a systemic psychologist who works together with your family and perhaps even includes representatives from the school. It may be worth dealing with this on a level above just the child. Perhaps you find this with a family therapist.
posted by jazh at 7:41 AM on December 19, 2012 [1 favorite]

Have you asked your school's psychologist or counselor?
posted by Madamina at 7:57 AM on December 19, 2012

This person might be who you're looking for.
posted by Artw at 10:55 PM on December 22, 2012

« Older Catting around or really lost?? Leaving in the...   |   Shy and Unlucky in Love Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.