Want to look as put-together as Scully
December 3, 2012 8:48 PM   Subscribe

What is this style of blouse called?

I've tried searching "formal v neck", "no collar blouse", "collarless blouse". I am looking for the right search term, and haven't found it yet. Or if you know where I could purchase a blouse like the one in the screenshot, that would work too.
posted by 2ghouls to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (6 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
It's a shawl collar blouse (It only looks collarless in that picture because the jacket is hiding it!)
posted by Kololo at 8:49 PM on December 3, 2012 [9 favorites]

It looks like it could be a wrap shirt to me.
posted by DoubleLune at 8:52 PM on December 3, 2012

I'm going to be Solomonic and say it's probably a wrap blouse with shawl collar, which is a look very much of that era. This would be similar.
posted by Sidhedevil at 9:09 PM on December 3, 2012

I remember this style also being called "scarf neckline"--this reminds me of the suit blouses I wore then.
posted by Sidhedevil at 9:27 PM on December 3, 2012 [1 favorite]

Here are a couple options that are affordable and available in white, in case you're trying to re-create Scully's outfit. I found these by searching for shawl collar tops on ShopStyle, then adding limits to the color and price.
posted by Orinda at 4:11 PM on December 4, 2012

Response by poster: Thanks! All these answers were very helpful.
posted by 2ghouls at 8:40 PM on December 5, 2012

« Older Ffmpeg installation didn't create ffmpeg.so in php...   |   money for writing? score! Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.