Where can a US citizen get a loan to study in Canada?
November 9, 2012 1:13 PM   Subscribe

Where can a US citizen get a loan to study at a grad program in Canada (Montreal)?

I'm considering studying at a 1 year photography program at an institution in Montreal. I'd need to take out a loan to pay for some of the study.

I don't believe the institution is eligible for any loans from the US government (Fafsa).

Does anyone know the best institutions/organizations, if any exist, that would provide loans to a US citizen for study in Canada?

posted by cotesdurhone to Education (2 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
Grad programs typically make part-time employment and other means of financial aid available to students (more so in multi-year and thesis-based work than short post-undergrad programs, but it's worth a shot). Talk to the admissions and/or recruitment office at the institution you're considering.
posted by thatdawnperson at 6:16 PM on November 9, 2012

Fulbright? It's not a loan but more like a fellowship. I think getting one for study in Canada is really competitive but if you have a good reason why you need to go to Canada to do this, you should give it a shot.
posted by kat518 at 8:33 PM on November 9, 2012

« Older How do I get a playlist off an ipad without any...   |   Help a home recording noob solve direct-input and... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.