Getting a legend in Google Map printouts

When I print out a custom map from Google Maps, it has little blue markers on the places of interest. Then at the bottom, it lists what all the blue markers are. But there's no numbering to say which marker goes with which description(????). As well the description is a single line without addresses. Is there a way to fix this?
posted by storybored to Computers & Internet (3 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

In Google Maps, go to My Places, select your map and then select edit. From there you can change the markers and the descriptions for the legend.
posted by icaicaer at 10:14 AM on September 30, 2012

Yes, you can click edit on your custom map and edit the names & descriptions for each of your markers, adding addresses as you can.

But this will not change the fact that the map picture will just be markers with no identification, and it's unclear which description goes with each marker. You could use a different icon for each marker, but that's only marginally more helpful.
I have no idea why they made it like this, because it's pretty stupid.
posted by aabbbiee at 10:34 AM on September 30, 2012

Use this tool.
posted by kathryn at 12:35 PM on September 30, 2012 [2 favorites]

« Older Toronto lesbian social groups?   |   Help me get this linguistics joke? Newer »