How do I sell My Car between Canadian Provinces?
September 29, 2012 6:35 AM   Subscribe

How do I sell a car between provinces? I live in Montreal, QC and my friend in Toronto, ON. She wants to buy my car. What do I have to do to sell it to her?

I am selling my car. I live in Montreal. My friend lives in Toronto. caHow do I sell a car between Canadian provinces? Do I need to do anything special to sell my car to my friend? Do I just sign over the vehicle registration to her? Does she get plates? What happens? Does anyone know?
posted by foxinsocks to Grab Bag (1 answer total)
She won't get plates. You either trust her to register the car in Ontario or you officially transfer it to her, she doesn't get plates and has 4 days to register it in Ontario.

Check out the SAAQ FAQ about your exact question : You have sold your vehicle to a person living outside Québec who will take it to his home jurisdiction. What is the registration procedure?
posted by domi_p at 6:40 AM on September 29, 2012

« Older VPN for someone w/minimal IT skills?   |   Websites/books/phrases that would help someone... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.