The Case of the 1.25" Butt-Weld Fittings
September 11, 2012 10:28 AM   Subscribe

Where can I find 1.25" sanitary butt-weld fittings (stainless steel)? Preferably in-stock.

I need a 1.25" butt-weld elbow (without tangent ends) and a 1.25" to 1.5" concentric reducer. 304SS or 316SS. Any ideas?
posted by huckit to Work & Money (7 answers total)
They are made in half inch increments from 1" to 3". 1.25" isn't out there.

What, pray-tell, are you doing with them, I am intrigued.
posted by bensherman at 10:36 AM on September 11, 2012

Response by poster: They do exist, only with a three-week lead time (from APN Inc.). These are tube fittings as opposed to pipe fittings. We're building a solid oxide fuel cell system.
posted by huckit at 10:46 AM on September 11, 2012

Response by poster: To clarify, I need the butt-weld ends, not sanitary-clamp ends.
posted by huckit at 10:47 AM on September 11, 2012

Sounds like a custom job to me. We are now the number one hit on google for buttwelding 1.25".
posted by bensherman at 10:56 AM on September 11, 2012

Good news! Grainger carries 1 1/4 inch fittings!
posted by bensherman at 10:59 AM on September 11, 2012

Response by poster: Yeah, I started there, too. Alas, the Grainger stuff is pipe size 1 1/4. I need tube size 1 1/4. That is, the actual OD of the tube is 1 1/4".
posted by huckit at 11:03 AM on September 11, 2012

Best answer: Found them! In Detroit. Thanks for entertaining my panicked question, Metafilter.
posted by huckit at 11:28 AM on September 11, 2012

« Older How can I demonstrate that gymnastics is a...   |   Ideas for music in my car? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.