Fake cigarettes?

I need some help quitting smokes. I am trying to find a fake cigarette (not EZquit) to puff on.

I remember seeing a "styrofoam" cigarette that came in a normal pack and looked and felt exactly like the real thing.
If anyone could help me find such a thing and a place to get it online, my lungs would owe you big.
Does anyone have any alternatives that worked well in your case? I can master the nicotine but the process and feeling of smoking always gets me.
posted by Corpus Callosum to Health & Fitness (13 answers total)

I tried an 'ecstasy' herbal cigarrete the other day. It was nice. It was very easy on my lungs, although it is still SMOKE, but apparently less carcinogenic and addictive.

I had a friend who quit by chewing altoids every time he wanted a square.
posted by Espoo2 at 12:10 AM on August 9, 2005

I chewed cinnamon sticks.
posted by miss tea at 4:22 AM on August 9, 2005

For me it's Penguin caffeinated mints (Cinnamon).
posted by rfs at 5:25 AM on August 9, 2005

How about this?
posted by Fat Guy at 7:02 AM on August 9, 2005

And sorry for not reading all the way to the end, you said not EZQuit.
posted by Fat Guy at 7:03 AM on August 9, 2005

I chewed and played with toothpicks -- for years before, while, and years after quitting (but no longer). Round, not flat -- and the faux-round square are the worst (due to splinters).
posted by Rash at 9:06 AM on August 9, 2005

I switched to an occaisional cigar instead of daily cigarettes. The cigars get less and less frequent without any extra sweat on my part.
posted by sonofsamiam at 9:51 AM on August 9, 2005

There are fake ciagrettes for theatre and film. Check with sellers of theatrical/film supplies.
posted by winston at 11:47 AM on August 9, 2005

I quit with about 3 or 4 packs of these fairly disgusting but satisfyingly dragable things.
posted by jikel_morten at 12:12 PM on August 9, 2005

No fake cigarette in here, but what about X-Pack?
posted by peep at 1:37 PM on August 9, 2005

Response by poster: Well, I found what I was remembering:
Smoker's Option
I don't know that I would trust ordering from this site, but we'll see.
Thanks for all the great ideas, I'm going to give it a real try this time.
posted by Corpus Callosum at 7:34 PM on August 9, 2005

Life Hacker: How to Quit Smoking Roundup.
posted by peacay at 12:34 AM on August 11, 2005

Response by poster: Loooong overdue update: I called the company and they were very friendly, mailing out the carton the same day. (The site is not the way I remembered but I recognise the name of the parent company) Very worth it if you think that something like this could help you.
posted by Corpus Callosum at 9:07 AM on June 29, 2006

« Older Is the original Miles Davis version of "Miles...   |   Help identify this piece of violin music. Newer »