The moving typography writes, and having written moves on
August 12, 2012 2:30 PM   Subscribe

What is this called and how do I make it?

Here is a link to one of the moving typographical thingies we see a lot of now days. What do you call it and how can I make it? Let's assume that powerpoint is too clunky and ridiculous for this (though I have bodgied up stuff in there) because it is.

Also, preferably, let's not go high end with software that requires a rocket surgeon's degree or mentality. However, I have a degree in Multimedia (for what it's worth - ie practically nothing) and experience in Photoshop, Illustrator & CorelDraw. I would also prefer something that is not internet based (as I understand Prezi is- do correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm prepared to pay some money but of course would prefer not to.

Not knowing what to call it meant searching for it here was problematic.
posted by b33j to Computers & Internet (5 answers total) 18 users marked this as a favorite
Kinetic typography. I'm not sure that there's dedicated software for this; people often use Flash, Adobe After Effects, etc.
posted by Foci for Analysis at 2:37 PM on August 12, 2012 [1 favorite]

Tons of tutorials over at YouTube.
posted by Foci for Analysis at 2:39 PM on August 12, 2012

Also, check out this question at Quota: How do people create kinetic typography videos?
posted by Foci for Analysis at 2:40 PM on August 12, 2012

Here's my favorite one of these videos. And here's a Reddit thread with the creator.
posted by Night_owl at 5:17 PM on August 12, 2012 [1 favorite]

It would be very easy to do that kind of thing in Flash.
posted by Chocolate Pickle at 7:06 PM on August 12, 2012 [1 favorite]

« Older It's OK, I have many XYZ-American friends   |   Help me troubleshoot my video playback Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.