Name that soundalike

Name-that-song filter. What song from the late 90s/early 2000s opens with the opening bassline from Tongue Tied by Grouplove? It runs from 0:29-0:40 in this video. The song I'm thinking of has a high pitched, girlish sounding female vocalist who follows the bassline with something like "lately i've been blah blah blah with you blah blah blah whoa oh oh oh oh". It's a clubby bit that might have been used as a sample rather than played as a whole song. I remember hearing it often in the last decade or so on the radio in California.

Sorry I can't be more specific about the lyrics. I may come back and post me humming if the description is proving useless.
posted by rhythm and booze to Media & Arts (5 answers total)

i can't watch the video at the moment, but based on the lyrics i think it might be "i wonder if i take you home" by lisa lisa & cult jam.
posted by austere at 1:32 PM on August 7, 2012

just checked out a bit of that video actually and if it's the bit from 0:29-0:40, it couldn't possibly have anything to do with the lisa lisa song. i kind of disregarded your timeline as the track i mentioned is from the early 90's. sorry!
posted by austere at 1:35 PM on August 7, 2012

any chance it's all around the world, by lisa stansfield?
posted by kelegraph at 1:45 PM on August 7, 2012

Martin Solveig & Dragonette - Hello (similarity starts around :30)
posted by acidic at 1:45 PM on August 7, 2012

Yessssss. Thank you acidic!
posted by rhythm and booze at 1:57 PM on August 7, 2012

« Older Container gardens   |   Have the haircut, need the hat Newer »