Identify this Bag?
July 11, 2012 12:51 AM   Subscribe

What kind of bag is this? If I had to ask whether a shop had one in stock, what would I ask for? I first thought "messenger bag", but google pics show another style. Maybe a subspecies of the same thing?
posted by kreestar to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (8 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
A satchel.
posted by Concordia at 12:57 AM on July 11, 2012

It's a satchel! The one in your drawing can be found at Cambridge Satchel Company! How do I know? Because I own that same exact bag! Hooray!
posted by french films about trains at 12:58 AM on July 11, 2012 [3 favorites]

posted by bluedaisy at 12:58 AM on July 11, 2012

I'd call it a satchel style bag.
posted by alltomorrowsparties at 12:58 AM on July 11, 2012

Thank you, thank you, thank you and thank you :)
posted by kreestar at 12:59 AM on July 11, 2012

"Satchel." Small "shoulder bag," "fisherman bag." "Cross body bag." Lots of terms will be useful...
posted by kmennie at 1:00 AM on July 11, 2012 [1 favorite]

It is, technically, a satchel, especially because it has two buckles on the flap. But a lot of store clerks might not know that. Or websites might not be phrased that way. I'd suggest also adding "cross body" to your list of terms, because that comes up very, very frequently.
posted by FirstMateKate at 10:46 AM on July 11, 2012

I think your exact model can be found on this satchel page.
posted by benito.strauss at 11:54 AM on July 11, 2012

« Older Superhero comics from an ordinary schlub's POV?   |   Moving via RV Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.