Name for roller blade wheel bolts?
June 9, 2012 1:33 PM   Subscribe

What are the bolts in roller blade wheels called? The long ones where the bolt screws all the way into the other part. I need the specific type so I can find a smaller version for a different project. I just have no idea how to search for this.
posted by mrflibble to Home & Garden (7 answers total)
posted by The Deej at 1:38 PM on June 9, 2012

Best answer: Perhaps you are looking for something like binding posts or shoulder screws.
posted by Behemoth at 1:44 PM on June 9, 2012

Based on these Rollerblade parts, it does appear to be the axles you are looking for, which do resemble the binding posts mentioned above.
posted by Listener at 2:01 PM on June 9, 2012

I also see those ("Chicago screws"?) made out of much lighter material and used for, e.g., binding paper. I'm sure those wouldn't last very long if used as a rollerblade axle, though, so maybe you need a more specific name.
posted by hattifattener at 2:47 PM on June 9, 2012

Sex bolts and mating screws!
posted by mendel at 3:55 PM on June 9, 2012

They are called sex bolts, of all the possible names they could have chosen.
posted by BeeDo at 9:06 AM on June 10, 2012

Response by poster: Brilliant! Binding Posts it is!! Thanks loads!!!
posted by mrflibble at 3:42 PM on June 11, 2012

« Older Play video from a computer to an iPad?   |   Best pay-as-you-go cell phone plan for a few days... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.