Starships were meant to fly...and I was meant to have Nicki's swimsuit.

Can you help me find Nicki Minaj's second swimsuit from the "Starships" music video?

Here is another photo of the suit. I really love it, and I'm in the market for a new swimsuit! I've looked around online a bit, but can't seem to find anything similar.

Thanks for any help you can provide. :)
posted by derogatorysphinx to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (4 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

It looks like a basic 50s-retro white bikini modified with an overlay garment of bondage tape. Maybe a custom job?
posted by werkzeuger at 1:09 PM on June 3, 2012

I have a feeling it's a custom Herve Leger, a label she also wore in the "Y U Mad video". There is a rather similar suit in the Pre-Spring 2012 collection.

Bogus flash website prevents a direct link I guess, sorry!
posted by Lorin at 1:09 PM on June 3, 2012

it actually looks like a pretty common white underwire bra-top swimsuit with some custom-made strapping (the black and pink straps) overlaying it.
posted by violetk at 1:09 PM on June 3, 2012 [1 favorite]

According to this, it's custom Marco Marco, who primarily does video/concert wear for female pop stars. For something similar maybe try this from Agent Provocateur or just about any Herve Leger swimsuit.
posted by acidic at 1:15 PM on June 3, 2012

« Older Please help me choose a medical insurance plan.   |   Polyglot, polyglotte, polĂ­gloto, polyglott... Newer »