Should I eat this soyrizo that was left out overnight?

Soyrizo left out (in package) overnight: eat or not eat?

That's basically it. About 5 days ago, I left accidentally left packaged soyrizo from Trader Joe's out overnight. It's been in the fridge since, and I thought I'd poll the hivemind to see if my instinct that it's totally fine to eat sounds correct. Thanks!
posted by c'mon sea legs to Food & Drink (10 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

I double--no triple dog dare you to eat it.

(It's probably fine, smell it first.)
posted by sibboleth at 1:13 PM on May 15, 2012

Don't eat. It's not expensive, and it's easy to replace.
posted by BlahLaLa at 1:15 PM on May 15, 2012 [1 favorite]

I would eat it; if it's anything like this soyrizo, the oil and salt added to the soy protein are probably going to slow down bacterial decomposition long enough that it should be fine after one night out of the fridge.

I am not a doctor, and I am not your doctor, but if I were, I would write you a prescription for Eating That Soyrizo.
posted by Greg Nog at 1:26 PM on May 15, 2012 [1 favorite]

I believe the correct answer to this and any thread of this type is: eat it.
posted by [insert clever name here] at 1:26 PM on May 15, 2012 [2 favorites]

Is it completely vegetarian? And it sounds copiously salted? And it probably includes preservatives? I vote for "eat it."
posted by Nomyte at 1:26 PM on May 15, 2012

I'm pretty sure I've done the exact same thing, eaten it, and been fine.
posted by kpmcguire at 2:33 PM on May 15, 2012

I've done this before many times. Eat it.
posted by MaryDellamorte at 3:02 PM on May 15, 2012

Speaking as somebody who has eaten soyrizo that I left out for not one, but TWO nights and suffered no ill effects, I heartily enjoin you to eat the shit out of that soyrizo.
posted by kaseijin at 3:16 PM on May 15, 2012

OP, did you eat the soyrizo?
posted by Greg Nog at 12:05 PM on May 17, 2012 [2 favorites]

Update! I threw it out before I saw more of the responses, but fully intend to eat this meal made with its replacement, which hung out on the stove for much of the day yesterday.
posted by c'mon sea legs at 9:57 AM on May 21, 2012

« Older Desire for knowledge versus genuine interest in a...   |   Too much anxiety, therapy isn't working, help? Newer »