ArtFilter: Find me this orgy tree!

I have a picture in my brain of a piece of art I saw once, but can't for the life of me find it again searching the most reasonable terms in my addled brain: art tree orgy (and derivatives there of) - help, MeFe!

I am working on designing my own tattoo and I am inspired by a piece of art (I think a painting, but I'm sure I only saw an image of it on a screen). The image as I remember it is a large tree, the roots and branches twisted and contorted to look like many bodies entangled in orgiastic bliss. It's pretty much awesome, but for the life of me can't figure out how to find it again!

Does anyone know the title or artist, or have any clues as to where I might be able to find this image again?
posted by DecemberRaine to Media & Arts (3 answers total)

Probably not it, but sounds like a combination of several sculptures at Vigelandparken in Oslo. Specifically, the Obelisk and the trees around the Fountain.
posted by McCoy Pauley at 7:36 AM on May 13, 2012

Do you have any more clues? Style? Period? Region?

From the little you've said, my first thought was Hieronymus Bosch's Garden of Earthly Delights, or some detail of it. (If you click on that image, you can download a ginormous very high resolution image.)
posted by trip and a half at 12:38 PM on May 13, 2012

Is it reminiscent of this style? http://www.heatherwatts.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/Tree-of-life-537px-border.jpg

I don't expect that this is the one you are thinking of, but I think I may have seen the one you're talking about, too. If I recall correctly, the style of painting kind of resembles this one?
posted by wwartorff at 3:32 PM on May 13, 2012

« Older How to work with a terrible employee who can't be...   |   Wedding gift etiquette turns my brain to mush. Newer »