Computer crashed, what adapter do I need for my hard drive?
May 11, 2012 4:33 PM   Subscribe

The SATA adapter I bought doesn't hook up to my hard drive so I need help finding the right one.

My hard drive looks like this. I need to recover information from it and the SATA adapter I bought does not attach. Do you know what kind of intermediate adapter I need?
posted by mewohu to Computers & Internet (3 answers total)
Best answer: There's some kind of adapter or part of some kind of connector attached to your drive's SATA connector. It looks like your drive is inside a sled/caddy of some kind, and that adapter might be part of it. Unscrew the drive from the sled and see if the connector pulls off.
posted by zsazsa at 4:39 PM on May 11, 2012 [2 favorites]

Response by poster: Ok, that worked. I am clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed. Thank you, zsazsa.
posted by mewohu at 4:46 PM on May 11, 2012

If it makes you feel any better, I made the same mistake when I first bought a SATA dock to get data off of a laptop hard drive!
posted by limeonaire at 8:21 AM on May 12, 2012

« Older Where to look for electrical engineering jobs?   |   Cat's nose knows no bounds! Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.