Stockhausenify my Guy
March 10, 2012 10:05 AM   Subscribe

I would like to buy a men's jacket like the one Stockhausen is wearing in this video. I'm not sure what the style is called. Any ideas on search terms and/or links to specific jackets for sale? The color is not particularly important -- it's all about the style.
posted by nosila to Shopping (6 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Caveat: not looking for a coat/outerware, but a blazer-style jacket.
posted by nosila at 10:09 AM on March 10, 2012

It's what was called in the 1970s a "leisure suit" jacket, or a "shirt-jacket". I haven't seen anything like it new in stores, but they're widely available in vintage shops.
posted by Sidhedevil at 10:13 AM on March 10, 2012 [1 favorite]

If you're not wedded to the shirt-style collar, you might have more scope in finding a "Nehru jacket". The leisure suit jacket combined the shape of the Nehru jacket with the big shirt-like pointed collar popular in the 1970s.
posted by Sidhedevil at 10:19 AM on March 10, 2012

Looks like a 70's take on a tracht jacket (wiki). Could even be loden wool.
posted by phrontist at 11:37 AM on March 10, 2012

Grey fabric example.
posted by phrontist at 11:38 AM on March 10, 2012

Well, I found this which embodies the length, hangin' off a big shoulder, and suit-yness, but alas lacks the minimalism (distracting pockets) and awesome awesome pointy collar.

Racking my brains trying to think of what to even call that collar. Saw many of them on double-breasted jackets, but alas, none on single.

But maybe keep searching under mod and retro.
posted by Rube R. Nekker at 3:55 PM on March 10, 2012

« Older How do you know when to use your cheaper point and...   |   I feel like college is ruining my life and I'm not... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.