Who can fix my pics?
March 9, 2012 5:37 AM   Subscribe

Does anyone know a reliable service to touch up digital pictures?

I've got some digital pictures of people at a family event that I'd like to print and frame. My problem is that our complexions look blotchy, and some stranger is in the back of one of them. A few of them would look better if they could be lightened. I have no expertise in photo editing software, and I'd really like these to be done right.

Can anyone recommend a service that could fix these for me? How much could I expect to pay?

I am in New York City (Manhattan) but since it's all digital, a service over the internet would be just fine.
posted by AMyNameIs to Media & Arts (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Download Paint.net or the Gimp and use Google to find step by step instructions on how to touch up the photos. Make sure you are working with copies of the originals so that you can give up later and pay someone if it comes to that. But really, it's not that difficult and there are plenty of guides online on how to use various image editing tools to touch up photos.

That said, anybody competent with Photoshop can do it. Post it in Metafilter Jobs.
posted by COD at 8:33 AM on March 9, 2012 [1 favorite]

I am a very competent photo retouched. Memail me for a sweet mefi deal. ;)
posted by bz at 12:25 PM on March 9, 2012

"retouched" (autocorrect Herr)
posted by bz at 12:26 PM on March 9, 2012

retoucher. I am a far less competent iPhone user, apparently.
posted by bz at 12:27 PM on March 9, 2012

Feel free to Memail me as well. I've done a TON of retouching and would love to help.
posted by cp311 at 3:40 PM on March 9, 2012

« Older How do I start shopping for a replacement stereo?   |   Historians must count Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.