Looking for a Psychologist in South San Jose
March 7, 2012 3:32 PM   Subscribe

Recommendations for a good Psychologist in/around South San Jose?

Specifically looking for someone who can help with issues concerning lack of self-esteem, depression and social anxiety.
posted by twinA to Health & Fitness (2 answers total)
Do you particularly want a psychologist or a psychotherapist? Psychotherapist is general terms for people who do counseling/therapy including Phd, PsyD, LMFT, LCSW while a psychologist is specifically a PhD or PsyD. The main difference is that a psychologist can do testing/assessment for the general public, an LMFT or LCSW can only do testing assessment for people who are their counseling clients). In general, individual differences in style and expertise are far more important than the degree.
posted by metahawk at 10:43 PM on March 7, 2012

Response by poster: I'm thinking along the lines of psychologist due to the complexity of my issues and their level of education and training.
posted by twinA at 9:34 AM on March 8, 2012

« Older Waterworks.   |   I'm Fixing to ride. Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.