In search of clever shelf hardware
March 5, 2012 9:46 AM   Subscribe

Clever hardware for making shelves quickly and easily -- where can I find more?

A friend has some really spiffy shelf hardware for putting together attractive shelves quickly and easily using just boards, these brackety things, brads, and a hammer. I'd love to get some for myself, but the friend bought them in an unmarked bag at a yard sale. Have you ever seen something quite like this? Do you know where I could buy more?

Here are a few pictures. As you can see, there are two kinds of pieces: a t-shaped item for middle shelves, and a truncated piece for the corners. Ideally I'd really like to find exactly these brackets (or whatever they should be called) but for all I know they were last made in 1972, so I'd also very much appreciate leads on other hardware that works the same way.
posted by redfoxtail to Home & Garden (3 answers total) 14 users marked this as a favorite
Maybe these would be similar.

I haven't used them before, but I happened across them once when I was looking for garage shelving solutions.
posted by watch out for turtles at 10:04 AM on March 5, 2012

Indie Furniture.

via BLTD.
posted by notyou at 11:50 AM on March 5, 2012

Rockler has these brackets which slip over 1x10 boards. Simpson makes rigid tie connectors in a huge variety of shapes for 2x or larger lumber, which is probably bigger than you need for a bookshelf. It looks like what you're really looking for is somewhere between the two, but I hope this points you in a helpful direction.
posted by pernoctalian at 12:15 PM on March 5, 2012 [1 favorite]

« Older What is this thing?   |   Two lesbians eating out (in restaurants) – how to... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.