Red tape in London. Literally.
March 3, 2012 1:45 PM   Subscribe

UK Art Supply filter: I'm an artist in New York, ordering supplies for a project that I will be doing in London next week. I'm trying to order online from UK-based websites as much as possible and have the supplies delivered to the work site, rather than shipping from the US. There are a few things that I'm having a hard time finding... particularly certain kinds of tape.

It there a UK-based website I can go to, or store that I can call, to get red artist tape, console / gaffer tape, or striping tape? (NOT duct tape or electrical tape. Duct tape's pronounced texture isn't good for my purposes, and electrical tape tends not to stick well enough.)

Ideally, I'd like rolls in widths of around 4" (100mm), 2" (50mm), 1" (25mm), 1/2" (12mm), and 1/4" (6mm).
posted by D.Billy to Shopping (6 answers total)
Have you tried Cass? No idea if they sell tape but they do sell lots of art supplies.
posted by TheRaven at 1:49 PM on March 3, 2012 sells something they call artist tape.

I would assume they also sell gaffer tape and striping tape.
posted by dfriedman at 1:51 PM on March 3, 2012

Try searching for 'masking tape' instead.
posted by essexjan at 2:27 PM on March 3, 2012

Best answer: You can order gaffer tape at Fancy Tapes. Not sure if they have the other tapes you need, but you can take a look. (They're a UK reseller for US-based Identi-Tape.)
posted by lovermont at 3:07 PM on March 3, 2012 [1 favorite]

If all fails try Atlantis Art Materials, not exactly an amazing online presece but should have what you need.
posted by laukf at 3:34 AM on March 4, 2012

Response by poster: Thanks, everyone (especially lovermont)! In case you're interested, here is what I did with the tape.
posted by D.Billy at 9:56 AM on March 30, 2012 [1 favorite]

« Older What are your favorite feminist resources?   |   Just look nice please, photos Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.