Downton Abbey iTV versus PBS runtimes

Was there a difference in the iTV versus PBS airing of the Christmas Special (last episode) of season 2 of Downton Abbey?

I'm in the US, but watched the iTV version, which I *ahem* borrowed from the internets. It ran 90 minutes. I noticed in the ole TV guide last night that the PBS airing was 120 minutes. Did they have 30 minutes of "previously on" or something? Does anyone know what accounts for this substantial difference?
posted by gregoryc to Media & Arts (2 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

The PBS broadcast included a "Behind the Scenes at Downton Abbey" extra after the Christmas show.
posted by Thorzdad at 1:27 PM on February 20, 2012

Yep, there was a half-hour special afterwards (interviews with actors, shots of certain scenes being filmed, etc.).
posted by scody at 2:13 PM on February 20, 2012

« Older Scardy Cat II   |   What do I do with a moderately fast spare computer... Newer »