Help me not burn my house down
February 17, 2012 8:29 AM   Subscribe

The heat guard around my oven door has come away slightly as seen here. How can I fix this permanently?
posted by waraw to Home & Garden (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Best answer: Something like this should do it; if you don't want to order it online your local chimney sweep/fireplace/wood stove place might help you out. They may even sell/give you a few drops rather than you having to buy a whole bottle for a small repair.
posted by TedW at 8:36 AM on February 17, 2012

Best answer: Or this.
posted by beagle at 8:40 AM on February 17, 2012

Has the connector that snaps into the small hole in the door come completely out of the door seal?
posted by Thorzdad at 8:49 AM on February 17, 2012

Response by poster: Yes.

I hadn't thought of specialized glue, and feel silly now. Thanks for the answers!
posted by waraw at 9:19 AM on February 17, 2012

« Older How to deal with potential theft by caregiver for...   |   How do I stop a hardware beep in my desktop PC? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.